Designed by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Pronounced, Shee-fra, this Irish word (occasionally applied to me in my youth) means a little changeling or precocious child. This bonnet and bootees, a very traditional heirloom set for a brand new baby, are constructed traditionally and knit flat. Silk ribbon finishes both, threaded through eyelets on the bootees so baby can't kick them off, added to the bonnet for ties. This bonnet fits a baby from newborn to about 3 months, depending on baby. Materials:
- 1 skein Blue Moon Fiber Arts® Marine Silk - Fingering
- US size 2½ (3mm) needles, or size to obtain gauge
- 1¾ yds (1.6m) silk or rayon ribbon ½" (13mm) wide. If you want to make ribbon roses, buy an extra ½ yd (.5m) of ribbon.
- Tapestry needle
26 sts = 4" (10cm) over Stockinette stitchColorway shown:
Newborn to 3 monthsFinished measurements:
Bonnet: 11" (27.5cm) head circumference
Booties: 3¾" (9.5cm) foot length
note: Our pattern download service is not instant. Once your payment is processed, a link to this pattern will be waiting for you in the "My Account" section of the website. When that link has appeared, you can get it by following the instructions below. Right now, our system takes 24-48 hours to generate the pattern link(s), so don't panic if it isn't there right away. It will be.
To retrieve your pattern:
- Click the "Log In" link in the upper left corner and sign into your bluemoonfiberarts.com account.
- Then, click on the "My Account" link (also in the the upper left corner) to see your orders.
- Click on the "View" button next to your order with the pattern. The pattern can be saved to your computer by clicking the "Download" button. Your pattern link is good for 7 days, but then it will stop working.
This is a new feature for our site and we appreciate your patience as we get it up and running. If you have any problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
. We will be checking each weekday morning to verify the links are being created.
Check the box for a PDF version of the pattern, otherwise you'll receive a paper version (and be charged shipping).