Designed by A. Karen Alfke
Slip-stitch patterns, like the Linen Stitch used here, showcase the
color changes of hand-painted yarns beautifully. As you slip every
other stitch, the lines of color are interrupted, and each stitch
stands out in a single color.
Linen Stitch is really half woven and half knit, so have fun while you
"Rock and Weave" the sideways cuffs of these socks. The picot-edge
bind-off adds a flirty detail at the outside ankle.
- 1 skein Blue Moon Fiber Arts® Socks that Rock® - mediumweight
US size 5 (3.75mm) needles used for linen stitch
- US size 1 or 2 (2.75mm) double-pointed needles to obtain gauge over Stockinette Stitch
- safety pin
- tapestry needle
- four durable, machine-washable buttons (two per sock), 1/2" in diameter
note: Our pattern download service is not instant. Once your
payment is processed, a link to this pattern will be waiting for you in
the "My Account" section of the website. When that link has appeared,
you can get it by following the instructions below. Right now, our
system takes 24-48 hours to generate the pattern link(s), so don't panic
if it isn't there right away. It will be.
To retrieve your pattern:
Check the box for a PDF version of the pattern, otherwise you'll receive a paper version (and be charged shipping).
- Click the "Log In" link in the upper left corner and sign into your bluemoonfiberarts.com account.
- Then, click on the "My Account" link (also in the the upper left corner) to see your orders.
- Click on the "View" button next to your order with the pattern. The
pattern can be saved to your computer by clicking the "Download" button.
Your pattern link is good for 7 days, but then it will stop working.