Designed by JC Briar
A slip stitch knit jig. Perfect little knit for a relaxing evening picnic or barbecue. Pour yourself a tall one and purl, slip, knit, knit, purl... Slip stitches zig-zag back and forth across the ribs of these socks, adding texture and creating splashes of color. A mini gusset ensures the short-row heel fits perfectly. Toe-up or top-down: the choice is yours!Colorway shown:
- 1 skein Blue Moon Fiber Arts® Socks that Rock® lightweight
- US size 1 (2.25-2.75mm) needles, or size to obtain gauge
- US size D (3.25mm) crochet hook and waste yarn, for provisional cast-on, if knitting socks from the toe up
- Stitch markers
- Cable needle
- Tapestry needle.
32 sts = 4" over Stockinette stitchSizes:
adult small (medium, large, extra large)Notes:
- Socks are worked either from the toe up or the top down.
- Toes and heels are worked in Garter stitch, with short rows. Stitches are wrapped to prevent holes at short-row turns, but wraps are not subsequently worked with the stitches that they wrap; instead, the wraps are left to blend in with the Garter stitch fabric.
Our pattern download service is not instant. Once your payment is processed, a link to this pattern will be waiting for you in the "My Account" section of the website. When that link has appeared, you can get it by following the instructions below. Right now, our system takes 24-48 hours to generate the pattern link(s), so don't panic if it isn't there right away. It will be.
To retrieve your pattern:
- Click the "Log In" link in the upper left corner and sign into your bluemoonfiberarts.com account.
- Then, click on the "My Account" link (also in the the upper left corner) to see your orders.
- Click on the "View" button next to your order with the pattern. The pattern can be saved to your computer by clicking the "Download" button. Your pattern link is good for 7 days, but then it will stop working.
Check the box below for a PDF version of the pattern, otherwise you'll receive a paper version (and be charged shipping).