Designed by Anne Berk
My friend Elaine knit Karen Alfke’s Traveling Sweater. Her husband liked the fabric and asked me for advice, and I was inspired to design a wanted sweater of his own. The sweater that no man could resist.
This is an homage to Karen’s vision, incorporating her use of ribbing and shawl collar and the cushy softness of Woobu yarn. This design is knit in one piece and requires virtually no finishing. Customization of sleeve and body length are done at the end, so the sweater can be tried on in process for perfect fit. The end result is designed to look effortless, and be easy to wear.
Colorway shown: Meet Brown, Joe
- 3 (3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5) skeins Blue Moon Fiber Arts® Woobu
- US size 4 (3.5mm) needles, or size to obtain gauge
- US size 3 (3.25mm) needles, or one size smaller than needles used to obtain gauge. You will need circular needles in both sizes in a range of lengths, from 16" to 32", as well as double pointed needles, if that is your preferred method for working the sleeves.
- stitch markers
- tapestry needle
Gauge: 24 sts and 36 rows = 4" (10cm) over 2x2 ribbing after blocking
Sizes: men’s x-small (small, medium, large, 1x, 2x, 3x)
- 39¼ (40¾, 42¾, 45¼, 48¾, 52, 55¼)" [99.5 (103.5, 108.5, 115, 124, 132, 140.5)cm] bust/chest circumference
- 25 (26, 26½, 27, 28, 29, 30)" [63.5 (66, 67.5, 68.5, 71, 73.5, 76) cm] length
Our pattern download service is not instant. Once your
payment is processed, a link to this pattern will be waiting for you in
the "My Account" section of the website. When that link has appeared,
you can get it by following the instructions below. Right now, our
system takes 24-48 hours to generate the pattern link(s), so don't panic
if it isn't there right away. It will be.
To retrieve your pattern:
- Click the "Log In" link in the upper left corner and sign into your bluemoonfiberarts.com account.
- Then, click on the "My Account" link (also in the the upper left corner) to see your orders.
- Click on the "View" button next to your order with the pattern. The
pattern can be saved to your computer by clicking the "Download" button.
Your pattern link is good for 7 days, but then it will stop working.
This is a new feature for our site and we appreciate your patience as we
get it up and running. If you have any problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
. We will be checking each weekday morning to verify the links are being created.
Check the box for a PDF version of the pattern, otherwise you'll receive a paper version (and be charged shipping).